Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pumpkin Run

On Saturday I ran the Pumpkin Run 5K in my hometown. I ended up taking walk breaks:( I was wanting to run this 5k without walking but I am just not there yet. My official time was 39:55. When I heard my name and time announced at the finish line I was a little bummed about my time. I knew I could have pushed harder and was regretting those walking breaks. On my way home I was thinking about my time and realized I had run it much faster then the first time I ran 3.1 miles, so I decided when I got home I would look up that time and see how much faster it was. 

On September 4th I ran 5k in 45:52 and on October 26th I ran 5k in 39:55! In less then 2 months I have shaved 6 minutes off of my time! Also, I ran my first mile in 11:37! After I realized that, I was no longer bummed about my 39:55 time and I was ready to look up the next race to enter! I am going to enter a 5k Turkey run on Thanksgiving and my goal will only be to beat 39:55. 

In the packet given to the runners at the race there were a few fliers about upcoming races. One of those fliers is for a half marathon in June that will be in my town. I decided I am going to do that race. I have already looked up training schedules and I am excited for Spring time when it will be time to start officially training for the half marathon. In the meantime I am going to work hard on getting my 5k time faster and building up my endurance! 

Yesterday when I was in my bathroom I walked by my full length mirror and I noticed my body is changing. My legs look thinner and so does my waist and hips. I decided to take a picture so I can see the changes in my body as I lose weight and get closer to my goal weight. I wish I had taken a before picture when I started running but I never did. I guess this picture will have to be my before picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment